TENTMAKERS Week Experience (Leadership Quest)
Upcoming dates for LQ:
7/29/18 - 8/4/18; 8/5/18 - 8/11/18;
LQ2: 8/5/18 - 8/11/18
Also known as Leadership Quest, this one-week, wilderness-based leadership training experience is for responsible high school students in grades 11 and 12, recent high school graduates and adult mentors. The participants experience powerful inter-generational community rich with affirmation and encouragement.
Experiential and Interactive
The training sessions are experiential and interactive with a focus on developing relational, personal management and communication skills. Participants can expect to deepen their personal discipleship habits, cultivate leadership skills and God-given confidence, while discovering a vision to impact one’s church, school and life.
This week of training is conducted during the summer months at Wilderness North, the Tentmaker Training and Retreat Center, in the Lake Superior National Forest 50 miles north of Duluth, Minnesota.
Steps to Follow for Leadership Quest Participants:
Step 1: Print out the registration form that best fits you. If you are registering 2 or more people, use the Group Registration Form. If you are registering one person, use the Individual Registration Form. If you are registering a family or as a mentor, use the Mentor/Mentor Family Registration Form. All forms can be used for LQ or LQ2. (If you haven't already, please read the profile of an LQ student and ways to invite students before registering. Scroll down on this page to find that information.)
Step 2: Fill in the form and mail it to Tentmakers with your deposit. Deposits can also be made online, (but the form still needs to be mailed or faxed to Tentmakers). Scroll down to find the click and pay button. Immediate questions: 1-800-989- TENT.
Step 3: Download the LQ Participant List (Excel spreadsheet) and list the names and contact information for the students and adults that are coming. Email that list to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Profile of a Leadership Quest Student
- finished 9th grade as of May/June the year they are coming to Leadership Quest
- have a relationship with Christ and desire to make it more meaningful
- either are functioning as a leader, want to be a leader, or have latent leadership potential
- are mature - meaning that they are ready for a leadership training experience, rather than an entertainment - based ' camp. (Not that we don't have fun!)
Promote Leadership Quest and/or Leadership Quest 2:
If you would like to promote LQ or LQ2 at your church, with friends or family members or with other youth leaders/youth pastors, here are some resources.
- Request printed brochures by calling 763-535-6484 and leave your name, phone number, address and number of brochures you need or email email@example.com.
- Download the LQ and LQ2 PowerPoint and use it with your youth group, ministry team/council or with groups of youth pastors/leaders. Power Point
Equipping and empowering educators with skills to build relationships, become disciples, make disciples and develop a Christ-centered personal life management plan. For further details email: firstname.lastname@example.org.